Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Football news...

So, I'm not just saying this because I'm a Pats fan, I *dislike* the Jets and Rex Ryan, A LOT. But just as a general rule of thumb, if you're team just got their butts handed to them by a team that hasn't been doing so well, trash talk is the last thing you should do. The Eagles beat the Jets 45-19 this past sunday, and you would think Rex would be a little humble about the upcoming game against the Giants. But no sir, not Mr. Ryan. He's been talking a whole lot, mostly about how the Jets are the better team, how they're going to "claim" New York as their city. Here's an excerpt from his rant on monday:

I know it's going to piss off every Giants fan to hear this, but here you go: We are the better team. We are the big brother ... (We're) going to remain the better team for the next 10 years."

Now this might be just me, but I think the whole team just lacks discipline. And there's no one to blame, but Rex Ryan's brash and impetuous nature. Take Santonio Holmes for example. He had a fumble and a drop in the first quarter, both of which led to TDs by the Eagles. Then finally when he scored a TD later in the game, he flapped his hands, pretending to be an "eagle", and then put the ball under his foot. REALLY? Your team is down by 28 points! Of course, I thought it was hilarious that he got called out for unsportsman-like conduct, costing his team 15 yards. But the lack of discipline and humility shown by this team, game after game, is just appalling.
"I know it's going to piss off every Giants fan to hear this, but here you go: We are the better team. We are the big brother ... (We're) going to remain the better team for the next 10 years."

I feel wrong saying this as a loyal Skins fan, but I'm hoping and praying for the Giants to win on sunday. I can't imagine anything more painful, than seeing the Jets in the post-season this January! 

hehehe...if you don't know what this is about, just youtube "Rex Ryan feet"


Anywhooooo, so Aaron Rodgers received the 2011 AP Male Athlete of the Year award. Way to go Rodgers! With 4360 total yards, 40 TDs and only 6 interceptions, an award well deserved! I'm a little worried he's going to break Brady's record of most TDs in a season (50)! Oh well...I woudn't mind so much, Aaron Rodgers seems so kind, humble, and down to earth. And he's so cute!! 


 I forgot to mention in my football post earlier this week..mad props to the SKINSSSSS...our defense was on point! Our very own London Fletcher leads the NFL in tackles (1762 to be exact)...take that Ray Lewis! And the dude is 36 years old! Uhhmazing!

I guess that's it for now, can't wait for the Giants vs. Jets game this sunday! Oh and we were watching SNL last night, I could not stop laughing at the Tebow/Jesus skit. That's exactly what I've been saying this whole time! I'm glad Jesus agrees with me :). Watch it here if you missed it! Apparently a lot of people were offended by it...don't you think we've become incredibly sensitive now? Everything has to be politically correct, all the time! Well, that's a topic for another post :)

Until next time! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy holidays, Happy whatever-you-celebrate! Be kind, be nice, have a drink, and enjoy life!







No comments:

Post a Comment