Friday, December 16, 2011

Tebow who?

Morning all! Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with my title :)

Call me a non-believer, but I just don't think Tebow is the next best thing since Louboutins (hehe). Yes he works well under pressure, and yes he's had a few crazy 4th quarter comebacks. My point is...so what? Maybe it's my lack of football knowledge talking, but I just think his claim to fame is a bit immature. I don't like that this whole Tebow thing has totally overshadowed Cam Newton (3 rushing TDs in ONE game! Hello, that's something worth talking about, isn't it?). Andddd what about them mighty Packers?


Hayyyy ladies, if you're reading this (which I hope you are, I hope to convert at least 2 of you into liking football), you can actually have a conversation at work about football! Just go up to your boss or any football-loving guy, and say "Can you believe it's been a year since the Packers lost a game, to New England?" Ok fine. You don't have to say the NE part, that was just me bragging. But seriously though, how amazing is that? How must it feel, to not lose a single game, IN AN ENTIRE YEAR!! I really hope Kansas City beats the Packers this week (hey, I'm allowed to dream, aren't I?), because I'm worried about GB breaking NE's record. That year (2007) was already painful enough, I can't handle any records from that year being broken by another team. Sigh...we were so close...*tear tear*

How's everyone doing in their fantasy leagues? I didn't make the playoffs, but since I'm such a kind-hearted, giving person, I traded Gronkowski, Colston, and 49 D/ST with someone I love very dearly. Can you believe I didn't make the playoffs with all those weapons? Grr..

That's all the football talk for today...actually, no it's not. Did anyone catch the news about Sam Hurd (WR, Bears) being involved in a freaking drug distribution ring? He was apparently trying to buy cocaine and marijuana for distribution in the Chicago area. I can't even begin to tell you how much that story disgusts me. These athletes don't realize the capacity of some of their actions. I get it, you're 26 years old, you're a hot-shot with good money coming in, good money that you're getting for pretty much a hobby. Are drugs the ONLY "investment" you could think of? Now, because of your actions, you face 40 years of prison time (or maybe even a possible life sentence), say goodbye to your career, and think about all the kids you may have affected. This problem is so deeply rooted, it's already a mountainous task to tackle it. The last thing we need is athletes like Hurd, Fred Davis, Trent Williams to make it look like it's the "cool" thing to do.  







No comments:

Post a Comment