Thursday, January 26, 2012

REDEMPTION....

**So I had typed up this post on Monday, and for some reason it didn't post on the blog! I guess it's a little late to be talking about Sunday's games on Thursday, but this post is dedicated to my sole football post reader, my brother-in-law...lol**

OMG...I don't know how I'm alive after yesterday's games! Both of them were nail biters that came down to field goals. Needless to say, I'm more than excited about the Pats game. I really didn't think we were gonna win that one! Granted the Ravens defense is monstrous, and Ray Lewis is just downright scary, but Brady's performance was average at best. No TDs (Brady didn't have a passing TD for the first time in 36 games!), 2 INT and an overall poorly executed game. The Pats defense however, really stepped it up! How's that for being the worst defense in the league! As Brady said it himself, the defense really won this one for the Pats, especially in the last few minutes of the game. I almost had a heart attack when Sterling Moore knocked out the TD pass caught and then dropped by Lee Evans (which was later confirmed by the replay assistant, just in case anyone still has doubts!). Seriously, I don't think my heart has ever beat faster! And then with the FG attempt by Cundiff, I was seriously about to faint. My little brother (who's also a Pats fan) had his eyes closed and he was whispering "please God, make him miss the FG, please please please" And since I said to him defiantly, "Umm you think he's gonna miss a FG from 32 yards? This is the AFC championship boy!" And lo and behold, that's exactly what happened! Both of us jumped up so high I thought I was gonna break my neck! What an exciting finish to a not-so-exciting game!



PS...If I were you Cundiff, I would leave town for a little bit. Just saying.

Now moving on to the Giants and Niners game. Now I don't know if ya'll remember Superbowl 2007. The Pats were going for a perfect season, and rumor has it, they had even copyrighted the term "19-0" which indicates a perfect season of winning 19 games, and losing zero. Of course that didn't happen, thanks to the Giants. I was living in NY at the time, and I had come home to watch the Superbowl (can't watch the Superbowl without my brother!). After the Pats lost, I was distraught...AND I had to return to a celebrating city...talk about adding salt to my wounds. It was VERY painful. So, with all of that said, you can imagine why I would want the Giants to lose. And lose badly. Like the Broncos. Or lose in a close game, so its THAT much more painful. Like the Ravens. Or the Saints. And of course, that didn't happen either. Thanks to a solid defense and a flimsy Kyle Williams, the Giants are now headed to the Superbowl, for a rematch. I'm scared. I'm nervous. The Patriots are an explosive team offensively, but the defense is flaky (even though they won the last game for us). The Giants however, are strong defensively, and even stronger offensively. I don't know what's gonna happen next Sunday, but I'm willing to bet 5 pairs of shoes (hehe) it's going to be a close game! Tom Brady and Robert Kraft haven't been able to watch the highlights from that fateful Superbowl, but I'm Brady will have to at some point to study the Giant defense. I don't know about Brady, but I sure as hell am not ready yet. The only way to get some closure for us fans is to beat the Giants next Sunday. Beat the hell outta them! GO PATS!!!

PS...The next two weeks are going to painfully long. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment