Tuesday, December 27, 2011

That was BREEZY!

My fellow football fans know what I'm talking about right? Drew Brees officially broke Dan Marino's single season passing record against the Atlanta Falcons yesterday. Marino had that record on lock since 1984 at 5084 yards, and this year we have at least 2 more potential QBs that may pass that monumental number. That's huge! Three QB's passing 5000 yards in one season!! Anyone wanna venture a guess who the other two are? I'll give you a hint. It ain't Rex Grossman! (haha..I laugh, but it still hurts). Yes, Tom Brady, who stands at 4897 yards, and Aaron Rodgers, who's at 4643 yards. Obviously, I was hoping Brady would be the one to pass Marino's record, but we'll let Brees have that one. Speaking of Brady The Great, here is a list of his records and accomplishments through the years. That's a longgggg list... in the words of my 16 year old cousin/any random hipster...JUST SAYING...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady

There IS one record that MAY be broken by Aaron Rodgers this week against the Lions; for most TD passes in a regular season. Brady holds the record at 50 TDs right now, HOWEVER, Rodgers is at 45 right now, with only one game to play before the post-season. So we'll see, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The dude has 45 TDs, 4643 yards, and 6 interceptions! SIX! That's crazy! He's almost as good as the 2007 Brady ;) I kid I kid, Rodgers is a freaking machine.

**Random fact #1: The 49ers defense hasn't allowed a rushing TD in 14 games.
**Random fact #2: Packers are offering 30,000 more shares...I recently found out that they're actually not privately owned!
**Random fact #3: Patriots secured first-round bye last week. YAY! By the way...Pats D has GOT to do better!
**Put your foot in your mouth (pun intended) moment of the week: Any guesses? I literally loll'ed (please tell me you know what that means) when the Jets lost to the Giants. Like I said before, I feel wrong supporting the Giants winning anything, let alone getting closer to securing a play-offs spot. But the Jets losing to the Giants, after a week of trash talk by Rex Ryan, was just gratifying. And getting into a scuffle with Brandon Jacobs? Tsk Tsk Tsk.
**Funny fan photo of the week (Packers fan): I blacked-out (pinked-out?) her face, but isn't that hilarious? I can't think of a worse punishment. YOU GO GIRL!




No comments:

Post a Comment