Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday sales...and some free stuff :)

Hey guys! It's Fridayyyyyyyyyyy! Although, doesn't really mean anything for me, I still have work tomorrow :( BUT, I will not let my misery take away from the excitement of the weekend. So I was thinking, why don't we, unanimously, as the people of the world, make it a rule to have Friday-Sunday off? I'm clearly not an economist, but seriously, what's the worst that could happen?

I'm excited about this weekend for two reasons.
1.) It's the playoffs, duh. The Patriots are playing the Ravens, should be a good game. Looking forward to it!
2.) I get to spend Sundays with my husband. I look forward to that every week, but we might make this Sunday a museum day, go see some of the museum awesomeness DC has to offer. Or we'll just sleep in, wake up at like 2, eat and watch TV all day. Hmmm...the latter sounds fantastic, don't you think? ;)

 Anyyyywhooooo....who wants free stuff??

FREE FREE FREE!!

--Bath and body works 2oz pink chiffon lotion. I think you have to "like" the page on Facebook, or try to see if this link works: Pink Chiffon


--Free Fribble (12 oz milkshake) at Friendly's, tomorrow (Jan 21, 2012) from 12-5pm. Print coupon here

--Have you guys heard of Mario Badescu?  It's a skin care line, based in NYC. They have celebrity clients like Jennifer Aniston, Charlize Theron, Ashley Judd, Eva Longoria, Oprah, Gwyneth Paltrow, and P Diddy (or whatever his "new" name is now). You can either email them or call them about any skin issues, and an actual skin consultant emails you back with product recommendations and routine care stuff you can do for your skin. ANDDD the best part is, they send you free samples! I just got mine today, they sent me 5 different things! Apparently the "drying lotion" for overnight pimple relief is magical. I can't wait to try it! Well...hopefully I never have to try it, but we all know THAT ain't gon' happen, is it?

I'll keep you updated on any other free things I come across. Until then, have a wonderful weekend, and GOOOOOOOOO PATSSSSSSSSSS!!!

PS: Serious note: I read this article on CNN about child slaves in the chocolate industry. It makes me sick just thinking about how oblivious we are about what goes on in the world. Here we are, living comfortable, happy lives, completely unaware of the hell these little babies are going through (yes, anyone under 10 is a baby to me!). Their lives are consumed by endless work hours in dangerous work environments. When we look at our scars, most of them are from happy childhood memories. They remind you of falling from a bike when you first learned how to ride one, getting hit in the face by a basketball when you were distracted, dropping a sparkler on your foot on 4th of July. But for these kids, their scars will always be reminiscent of the arduous and oppressive lives they've lived. And the saddest part it, they probably don't even know any better. They've never gone to school, played in a park/field, tossed a ball around, had ice-cream...hell, I don't even think they've ever had a good night's sleep! These kids don't deserve the nightmare they're in, and I feel a personal obligation to do something about it. I didn't know where to start, so I emailed CNN asking them how we can help. I will keep you posted, but in the mean time, please help me create awareness about this issue by emailing CNN/posting on facebook/twitter etc. I usually don't like using quotes, sleep on this one tonight...

When a butterfly flaps its wings in one part of the world, it can cause a hurricane in another part of the world...The Butterfly Effect...

No comments:

Post a Comment