Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where have all the nice people gone?

Wow, I've never done more than 2 posts a day! But I've been wanting to blog about this for a while, and I figured it's better late than never. Does anyone else feel like people in general, have become a lot meaner? I've felt this way for a while, I always joke around with my husband, I think I belong in the 40s-50s. When men wore hats, and took them off as a gesture of respect. When people opened the door for children/the elderly etc. The reason why I bring this up today, is because of something that happened at a grocery store yesterday. An elderly woman walked into the grocery store, looking for a shopping cart. She must've been around 85-90 years old, and she was using a walker to walk. She saw a vacant shopping cart, and I guess she didn't see the bottle of juice already in the cart. She had accidently grabbed another shopper's cart, and when that (pardon my french) bi!$h noticed her cart was missing, she literally screamed at the poor lady. I mean, seriously, is it really that big of a deal? Were you never taught basic manners? This is just one of many incidents I've experienced lately; it makes me so sad to think that we've lost all love and respect for our fellow humans! I don't know if it's just our area, but I wanna do something to change it. As Gandhi said, Be the change you want to see in the world. So, my awesome blog readers, do me a favor please? Do something nice for someone today? Whether is getting coffee for a co-worker, or it's carrying th groceries for someone who looks like they need help. I know it's a far stretch, but I think slowly, one by one, we can make a little difference. And speaking of making a difference, check out some volunteer opportunities below to see how we can give back to our community. And please please please please remember, the basic things we learned when we were little, STILL apply. Be nice. Be kind. And most importantly, do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

www.volunteermatch.org

www.serve.gov/

www.bgca.org/


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment