Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What a weekend!

And no, I'm not talking about the Golden Globes (more on that later)...I'm talking about the playoff weekend. Now this might be a little expected of me, but uhh did you happen to catch the game Saturday night? Or should I call it the explosive offensive rout of the Broncos? I don't know what got into Brady Saturday night...maybe it was the fact that the Pats had lost in the first playoff round, three years in a row; or maybe it was the excessive, over-bearing, over-hyped media coverage of you-know-who (don't act surprised, you KNOW how I feel about Tebow, haha). But he was playing like a freaking machine! Just before halftime, he had five touchdowns! I mean, who does that, especially in a post-season game! I was actually hoping he would get a hundred points..haha. We were watching the game at a bar with what felt like a million people, and I think I was the only one paying attention after halftime. The game was pretty much over in the first fifteen minutes...but I'm glad I was paying attention, because I got to see Brady punt. And a good one at that. OK Tommy, you're one defensive block away from being the Commander-in-Chief of football. Yes, I just coined that term.

Now as you all know, I can probably talk about Brady and the Pats forever, but I shall spare you the misery. The most amazing game of this weekend, and probably in NFL post-season history, was the 49ers vs Saints. There's only one game I can think of, that was as exciting as this one was the Pats vs Giants, Superbowl 2007. But since we all know how that went down, I will NOT be talking about it. A part of me still thinks that was a bad, bad dream. Yeah I'm still not over it...19-0...so close...so close....

See how easily I can get distracted? Anywho, so the 49ers vs Saints game had FOUR lead changes in the last FOUR minutes of the game. Alex Smith was a beast! His numbers might not be TOO impressive (24/42, 299-yards and 3 TDs, especially compared to Brees (40/63, 462-yards, 4TDs and 2 interceptions). But when it was crunch time, he delivered. What an exciting game! Funny story...I was watching the game on my phone, and when Alex Smith threw for that last TD, my husband called me. I was at a gas station screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" (the TV feature automatically shuts off when someone calls)...and of course, by the time I got off the phone, the 49ers were already packing their bags and getting ready for the Giants/Packers.

Is it just me, or did it look like the Packers (ALL of them) were kidnapped by a NY mafia person, who then cloned them, but erased all football knowledge and then let them loose on the field? How else do you explain the sloppy performance exhibited by a 15-1 team? It was terrible! The over-thrown passes, the dropped catches, the horrible defense...it was just a baddd day for the Packers. And on the flip side, the Giants did it again. On the road. As Tom Coughlin would put it, the "road warriors" are a force to reckon with. Eli Manning was calm, well poised and focused. Even when it seemed like the officials were trying to hand the game to the Packers on a silver platter, the Giants out-performed the Packers and proved to be the better team. There were so many bad calls, I could do a whole new post about just that!

Andddd don't have much to say about the Ravens vs Texans game, didn't watch it. All I have to say is...BRING IT ON RAVENS!! We'll see YOU at Foxborough! Try to figure out who you're gonna cover...The Gronk? Hernandez? Or Welker? I shouldn't get too cocky, the Ravens defense is dangerous. But, like my brother-in-law says, a pissed of Brady is downright scary. Until next time, fellow football lovers!





No comments:

Post a Comment