Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hmmmmm Brownies!!





Hey guys! So I loveeee baking, especially when things I make turn out tasty! I have been known to mix up a few ingredients (eggs are my arch nemesis...inside joke...hehe). I've tried chocolate chip cookies from scratch, but I haven't perfected the recipe yet. They always turn out either too dry, too soggy, too chocolatey (if that's a thing!). But anywho. So I found this recipe on Pinterest for home-made brownies, tried it for the first time today, and three words...Oh, My, God! They are the BEST brownies I have EVER had! They are gooey, fudgy, soft, and just delish! Yes there is a LOT of butter, but butter's good for you! (TOTALLY kidding, just trying to make myself feel better about this sugary, fatty, chocolatey concotion.) Ok so here's the recipe, hope you guys try it and like it!

Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks of unsalted butter (don't be shocked, I already told you it was a LOT of butter)
  • 2 1/4 cups of sugar 
  • 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Recipe:

--Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, butter a 9x13 baking dish
--In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
--Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. When the butter is completely melted, add the sugar slowly, and mix it in with the butter, stirring continuously.
--Take the saucepan off the heat, and slowly mix in the cocoa powder mix (or beat-in a stand mixer). Now add the eggs and the vanilla extract, beat until the mixture is smooth.
--Add the flour and the chocolate chips, mix well.
--Pour the batter in the baking dish. Cook for about 30 mins, or do the toothpick test (stick a toothpick in the center, it's done if the toothpick comes out almost clean).
--Cool before cutting up the brownies...now try to control yourself..ah what the hell...eat the whole pan :)

Recipe courtesy of bunsinmyoven.com








No comments:

Post a Comment