Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winter/Spring must haves!

There are so many cute trends this season, it's hard to make a must-have's list. Everyone has their unique, individual style, so the list differs for everyone. Based on some of my previous posts, you guys can probably guess some of my must-have things. Lace dresses, something with leopard print, cute wedges etc. I'll try to stay away from things I've already blogged about, just for the sake of diversity. It's hard for me to stay away from something I like though...when I was nine-ten years old, I used to have this beautiful denim mini-dress that I wore pretty much every day. My mom would tell me to change and wear something else, but I loved the dress so much, I felt like wearing something else would be doing it injustice. So my mom got so frustrated, she took a pair of scissors and cut the dress right in the middle. Seventeen years later, I saw a very similar dress last fall at Bebe, for $120!! SOOO long story short, you may come across a few repeat outfits :)

Sighhhhhh

Ok so here the top ten must-have things for this season...in my humble opinion, of course :)




1.) Sequin skirt/sequin anything: Sequins make everything pretty. I like sequins in pretty much in any way, shape or form....skirts, dresses, blouses, shoes...I can't help it, shiny things make me happy :)


Gold sequin skirt...$27.00 Click here




Another gold skirt, from Express.


OMG! Tell me that's not one of the prettiest dresses ever! ASOS


I found a similar dress on a different website, it should be an older post. But this one is cheaper...since it's the "petite" version


2.) Something Lace: If you read my previous posts, you know how much I loveeee lace. I own several lace dresses, skirts, blouses...maybe more than one should...haha. But I can't help it, lace dresses just look so classy! (well, it has to be done right, bad quality lace can make you look trashy!) Add instant elegance to your outfit by adding pearls, especially to a light colored lace dress/blouse. Oh yeah, and speaking of pearls, every girl MUST have them! Even if you don't think you're girly, or your style is more edgy, you gotta have at least one thing pearl-y :)
Anywho, here are some pretty lace dresses...



Love, Love, Love. Couldn't save the front view on my computer, click the link to see it. Available in yellow and white. Urban Outfitters.




Love the color and the bottom! Urban Outfitters




Beautiful color again! Oasis Clothing



3.) Color Blocking: Finally! Indian clothes have had color blocking for a while now, and now we can rock it in dresses too! I love pairing pink with orange, or pink with purple. The awesome thing about color blocking is that you can pretty much get away with any color combination, since the whole point is to create a contrast. However, I don't like color blocking with jeans/pants, don't know why! It just doesn't look right to me. I would stick to skirts and dresses, but then again, I'm pretty open minded about these things :)

The first picture below is a beautiful Giambattista Valli dress. It's a bit pricey for me ($2340 at Bergdorf's)...but hey, if you can afford it, it's a gorgeous piece! I would wear nude pumps and maybe add a gold cuff.
The second dress is from Macy's, $46.99! Click here for the link.









4.) Contrast Panels: Kate Winslet wowed in the now-famous "Optical Illusion" Stella McCartney dress in Venice and Paris, respectively. The original will cost you about $1600...IF you can find one. Apparently there is wait-list for the dress! I found something sort-of similar on ASOS.com. The black contrast panels create an illusion of a slimmer waist. And I love the blue in the middle!



ASOS, click here.





 5.) Oxfords/Loafers: I'll put them in the same category, I don't know why they're almost the same to me. The glittery ones are mine, I got them at Nordstrom Rack for $40! They're probably my favorite shoes....and that's #1 out of a wholeeeeee lotta shoes ;) The second picture is from Lulu's, I like the girly touch with the sequins. I personally don't like plain Oxfords, I think they look a little manly. The sparkle takes away from the harsh look of the shoes. Also, check out these beige ones from Topshop for $30.












6.) Colored denim: My husband might think I look like a dancer from LMFAO, but I don't care! I love different colored skinny jeans! They're so versatile, you can wear them in any season, with pumps to go out, with wedges or flats to go shopping, with sandals for brunch, with flip-flops for sight seeing...you get the picture. Now it's the top half of the outfit that you should be picky about. Don't wear a neon top with bright colored pants. NO! Simple=Good. Like a plain white tee for a more casual look, or a plain chiffon/silk blouse if you're going out. Just keep it simple! 


                                                         Urban Outfitters




Forever 21





7.) Tuxedo/Boyfriend Blazers: Or any kind of blazer, for that matter. Blazers are just a must-have for any closet; when it comes to versatility, I think a blazer tops the list. It's one of those things that's always going to be in style, so might as well invest in a nice one. I like the different color options as well, like the purple and white ones below.


                                                      LK Bennet Tuxedo Jacket




Just Cavalli Tuxedo Jacket, Net-A-Porter.com





 Purple and Black Contrast Tuxedo Blazer, Oasis Clothing




8.) Florals: Yes I know it's winter, but that don't mean a thing if all you think about is spring! Hah I just made that up! But seriously, who cares if it's 20 degrees outside? Floral print dresses look sooo pretty, and they add such a nice feminine touch. Add a skinny belt to the waist, or pair with a pretty necklace!



Oasis Clothing




H&M...in-store only



I'm hyper-ventilating, that's how gorgeous this dress is! Someone buy me one NOW! hehe...jk! Here's the link if anyone's interested



9.) Pastels: Speaking of florals, pastels seem to be making a come back as well. I remember in the nineties, pastels were extremely popular. Pastel colors are so pleasant to look at, I feel like no one would ever be in a bad mood if they wore something like a pretty floral blouse with a pastel skirt. Haha...if only! But yeah, that's a great idea, pairing pastels with florals; especially if you have pastel colored denim! You should try it.. :)



Pretty ring! Dorothy Perkins, $15!




Express





Lilac Dorothy Perkins Dress




J Brand Pastel jeans, Bloomingdales

Pastel Color-Block shoes, ASOS







10.) ACCESSORIES!!! So technically, I know accessories aren't really a "trend", but they are definitely a "must-have", for any season. You can turn up the style factor exponentially on any outfit, just by picking the right accessories! Whether it's a statement necklace, or a wrist cuff, or a sexy belt...you can add great style to something as simple as white-tee and jeans


                                                                               Anthropologie







Marc Jacobs



Kate Spade Bib Necklace




ASOS


So those were my top 10 styles for this season. It's so hard to pick your favorite when there are SO many cute things around...I didn't even get into animal print, horizontal stripes, wedges, knee-high boots, trench coats, cross-body bags etc etc...I'll save all that for another post :) Until then, TOODLES!










No comments:

Post a Comment